- Born in Glen Cove, New York and raised in Southern Colorado and Oregon.
- Graduated from University of Oregon in 1983 with a Bachelor of Arts in Rhetoric & Communication.
- Graduated from University of Oregon School of Law in 1986.
- Received an LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law in 1987.
- Founded Ben Abbott, P.C. in 1993.
- Named "Superb Rated Attorney” 2012-2014 by Avvo.
- Featured in Super Lawyers for “Excellence in Practice” 2012.
- Selected as “Top Attorneys in Texas” In Texas Monthly Magazine October 2012.
- Member of Texas Trial Lawyers Association from 1996.